2009 Marshall Thundering Herd

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Marshall had 5 white starters in 06', 7 in 07', and 5 in 08'. TE Cody Slate is a game breaker who should be playing on Sundays once his college career is over. He's the only bright spot to this team.

Offense
QB Brian Anderson
TE Cody Slate
LG Chad Schofield
C John Bruhin
RT Daniel Baldridge

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Yeah, this team is horrible year after year, and will continue to be horrible has long as they play that all black defense.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Cody Slate has 43 catches for 502 yards with 3 TDs through 8 games heading into tonight's matchup with UCF.

I've seen him twice in person this year and he has the "Dallas Clark-type versatility" certain NFL teams will really like.

John Jacobs, a SR DE, has been seen a good bit of playing time in recent games, but, for the most part, lousy head coach Mark Snyder seems committed to going down with the ship playing blacks on "D".

Riddlewire

Master
Cody with 5 catches for 80 yards and a TD so far tonight.

When he was at Hargrave, Cody ran a 4.47 with a 37 inch vertical. I sure would like to hear the argument from NFL scouts as to why this 6'4" 230lbs athlete is not the #1 TE on NFL draft boards. Or even a second round WR prospect.

*And apparently I just jinxed him. Cody crawled off the field with some kind of injury.
Edited by: Riddlewire

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Cody Slate is fine-looks like he just tweaked his ankle a bit.

You're right, Riddlewire. He should be getting much more attention than he has and a black with a similar skill set would be called an athletic freak or a hybrid player among other things.

Marshall blew the lead late and lost to UCF 21-20. It was a sloppy performance by both teams, not the way they wanted to show their football programs on a Sunday night ESPN game.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Cody Slate is a great athlete who runs a 4.6 40.  Excellent speed for such a big guy.  He may get moved to fb in the NFL though.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Van_Slyke_CF said:
Marshall blew the lead late and lost to UCF 21-20. It was a sloppy performance by both teams, not the way they wanted to show their football programs on a Sunday night ESPN game.

I think this team should be called the Marshall "Blundering Turd".
I am repulsed by this team!

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Cody Slate is done for the year with a knee injury.

Hopefully, he will be full speed by spring to impress the NFL.

He finishes the season with 50 catches for 607 yards and 4 TDs.

Yeah Marshall is so black because West Virginia is one of the least white states in the nation, right???
smiley29.gif

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Mark Snyder has resigned as Marshall's head coach.

My fear now is that there will be a movement in some circles to find college football's version of Mike Tomlin to replace him.

I can see it now...maybe Troy Brown...perhaps Carl Lee. It's hard to say what lengths they will go to get a black into the position.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Marshall plays a MAC opponent, Ohio University, in the Little Caesars Bowl game in Detroit.

Marshall should have stayed in the MAC, instead of moving to Conference USA five years ago.

The move has been bad for their football program, but a bowl win this year would help their program a lot. Edited by: Van_Slyke_CF

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Marshall University took a step in the right direction by winning the Little Caesars Bowl over Ohio University.

A minor step, but a positive one.

The program should also be better in the coming years with "Doc" Holliday as the new head coach.Edited by: Van_Slyke_CF