2009 Kentucky Wildcats

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Rich Brooks has taken UK down the caste hole since coming to Lexington. They were one of the whitest SEC teams 5 years ago, this year they will be among the blackest teams in the country.

Offense
TE Ross Bogue
RG Staurt Hines

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

referendum

Mentor
Col Reb, I'm not sure how white Zipp Duncan is, looks pretty mixed to me. Still, this is an immense resurgence from a team with only about 3 white starters last year, and to actually have four white starters on defense is amazing in a non-Vanderbilt SEC team.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good call referendum. I'm taking him off the list. I didn't look close enough at his picture.

referendum

Mentor
Col Reb, just took a look at Rivals updated depth chart on the wildcats and the results are awful. They now show only Harline, Hines and white Tight End Ross Bogue as starters, with the other white linemen now as backups, and all four white defensive starters now listed as backups. Hopefully the team is still in a state of flux and this may be incorrect, but right now the Wildcats look bad even for an SEC team.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Dang, ref! That is some frightful stuff if it holds. I'll check the school depth chart and see what it says.
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
WOW! I can't believe it changed that much! I knew the defense was totally unsettled, but that much change is crazy. CFN was way off on their projections as well. 3 white starters for 2009. Rich Brooks is now permanently on my Massa Bowden list!
smiley7.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
No wonder UK is so black now. Look at their team pic!
smiley11.gif
I counted just 40 whites on the entire team. That leaves 66 non-whites.
fb09_team_photo.jpg

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Things in Lexington have gotten worse. Hartline must be injured. In his place starts true freshman black quarterback Morgan Newton.
smiley11.gif
They're down to two white starters in Lexington.
smiley7.gif

Realistic

Replaced by "recruiting coordinator" Joker Phillips. Does anyone think he's going to recruit whites?

Their recent all conference tight end and now Indianapolis Colt Jacob Tamme was not recruited by that gang. He only got a scholarship after one of the signed affletes didn't qualify and there was pressure put on by the AD (and probably some boosters if the truth was known). There other good white receiver, Dicky Lyons, was only recruited because his dad had been a star at UK and there was pressure to go after him. Left on their own they only recruit blacks.