2009 Arizona State Sun Devils

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Here are the projected white starters for third year head coach Dennis Erickson's Sun Devils. They had 7 white starters last year, it looks like 7 again this year.

Offense

QB Danny Sullivan

WR(Z) Chris McGaha

LG Jon Hargis

C Garth Gerhart

RG Zach Schlink

Defense

MLB Travis Goethel

WLB Mike Nixon

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Hopefully McGaha will have a great year. He's fun to watch, when he gets a ball thrown his way.

green fire317

Banned
i miss the old days when arizona state had archuleta and heap. Btw do you think archuleta will be the last white db ever taken in the first round? if i am not mistaken there hasnt been a white db taken in the first round since 2001?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
green fire317, I don't think Adam will be the last white DB taken in the first round because I believe things will change. Yes it will take a while, but I believe that it will happen again.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I liked when they had Jake Plummer, Keith Poole and Pat Tillman r.i.p. How exactly does one get shot close range 3 times in the head by friendly fire?

2 arizona state white linebackers that became good at the safety position in the pros. It would have been nice to see Tillman play a little longer.

Thanks Colonel_Reb, Jack Lambert and anyone else who is doing these team previews for the hard work. Its one of my favorite parts about this site and I have been looking forward to it.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
You are very welcome, dwid! It is fun to do this research. Jack has been a great help, as has everyone else who has chipped in or will soon.
smiley32.gif

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
You are welcome, dwid. As Reb said, it is fun to do the research, and I enjoy it.
smiley1.gif

@ Reb - Thank you!

Also thanks to everyone has been involved in the research.
smiley4.gif

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
The writers have already begun to build Mcgaha up as the next "Wes Welker" lol seriously? How do these writers have jobs based on they do little to none research in their articles. Here's Draftdaddy's take!

Closer look at Arizona State's prolific senior wide receiver Chris McGaha.
DD.comment: While the comparison to Wes Welker might seem inevitable to some, we know at least one pro scout has compared McGaha to ex-N.F.L. star Cris Carter. We like that comparison much better -- similar size, speed and athletic skills during their <A style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: -2px; COLOR: #006600; CURSOR: pointer; TEXT-DECORATION: none; http: //s.adbrite.com/mb/s/green-double-underline-006600.gif repeat-x 50% bottom" id=AdBriteInlineAd_college name=AdBriteInlineAd_college target=_top display="inline" keyword="college">college</A> careers. Also, both were blessed with freakishly big and strong hands -- a great trait for a receiver. McGaha can reportedly hold 10 baseballs at once -- 5 in each hand!
Edited by: celticdb15

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Stephen Threet former Georgia Tech and Michigan QB is now with his third team, the Sun Devils. Hopefully things work out for him. He's had some real bad luck with the schools he chooses changing thier offensive philosphies away from a pro style offense. http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1061288