2008 Wyoming Cowboys

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the projected starting white Cowboys for this season. 16 this year, compared to 15 in 05', 17 in 06', and 14 in 07'

Offense

QB Dax Crum

WR (Y) David Leonard

FB/H-Back Greg Genho or Josh Biezuns

TE/H-Back Chris Sundberg

LT Ryan Otterson

LG Sam Sterner

C Tim Bond

RG Kyle Howard

RT Clayton Kirven

Defense

DT John Fletcher

DE Mitch Unrein

WLB Ward Dobbs

BLB Mike Juergens

SLB Weston Johnson

MLB Gabe Knapton

FS Chris ProsinskiEdited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Karsten Sween replaced with Dax Crum at QB. Hopefully the Cowboys will have a bowl season this year.

[url]http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8455348/Transfer-student- Crum-named-Wyoming's-starting-QB?FSO2&ATT=MA [/url]
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) - Sophomore transfer Dax Crum was named Wyoming's starting quarterback on Friday, unseating returning starter Karsten Sween.

Who will start has been the main question mark of the Cowboys offense, which ranked 107th nationally in scoring in 2007.

"It has been a battle, and we feel we have two very good quarterbacks," coach Joe Glenn said in a statement. "But at this point, we have to get one guy ready for the opener against Ohio. Dax will get the start, but Karsten needs to stay sharp and I know he will. We feel good about both of them."

The 6-foot-4, 228-pound Crum transferred to Laramie from Mesa Community College in Arizona where he played one year after leaving Arizona State.

Crum was named the National Junior College Athletic Association Co-Region I Offensive Player of the Year and also was selected First Team All-Western States Football League.

"I'm so blessed and so lucky to be the starter for this team, and hopefully I can do something with it and I'm going to try to do my best to take this team to the next level," Crum said.

Sween played in all 13 games last year as a sophomore, starting 12. He threw for 2,028 yards and 12 touchdowns. But he was picked off 17 times and briefly benched after throwing three interceptions in a loss to Air Force.

"What we're looking for is a quarterback who can manage our offense," Glenn said.

The Cowboys also named brothers Marcell and Tashaun Gipson as the starting cornerbacks and sophomore Chris Prosinski as starting free safety on defense. Quincy Rogers, who started at free safety last year, will move to strong safety.

Jake Scott earned the place-kicking duties, but the team has yet to name a starting punter.

Wyoming, which was 5-7 last year, opens its season Aug. 30 at home against Ohio.

jared

Mentor
Well good for Dax I guess. He comes from a family of giant athletes. He got into some trouble in HS and I think he ended up losing whatever scholarship he had and trying to walk on at ASU before settling on a community college. Quite the long route to redemption.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I just updated the starters list based on the depth chart released yesterday. 2 more whites!
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
North Dakota State is giving Wyoming what for right now, tied at 13with 7:45 to go in the game.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
any links on the internet to the game reb>?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Not for that one. Wyoming ended up winning 16-13 on a late FG.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Aww damn!