2008 West Virginia Mountaineers

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the likely white starters for this season.One highlight here is that 4 of the 5 linemen are returning white starters. WVU had 9 white starters last year and 11 in 2006.

Offense

FB Maxwell Anderson

TE Sam Morrone

LT Ryan Stanchek

LG Greg Isdaner

C Mike Dent

RG Jake Dent

Defense

NT Chris Neild

DE Zac Cooper

MLB Reed WIlliams

SS Nate Sowers-in a fight for the position

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
WR Sanders arrested for driving drunk

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/9203780/WVU's-No.-1-WR-Sa nders-arrested-on-DUI-charge?FSO2&ATT=MA

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) - West Virginia wide receiver Jock Sanders has been arrested on a drunken driving charge in Morgantown.
<DIV =in_info__btm>

A criminal complaint in Monongalia County Magistrate Court says Sanders initially was pulled over for speeding and crossing over the center line Saturday. The report shows Sanders had a blood-alcohol level of 0.125 percent, above the legal limit of 0.08.

Last year Sanders and three other players pleaded no contest to a battery charge, agreed to serve 24 hours of community service and paid $250 fines for a fight outside a Morgantown nightclub.

Sanders was the team's leading receiver last season with 53 catches for 462 yards.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Bill Stewart has indefinitely suspended Jock Sanders, according to what I've seen on WV news sites.

A no contest plea before for the battery charge, and now a drunk driving incident. I'd say it's high time for Stewart to show Sanders the door for good, but he was the team's leading receiver last season, so he may very well get a special dispensation from the head coach after WV's governor orders a last-minute reprieve. Stranger things have happened, and often do, in West Virginia.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Van_Slyke_CF said:
Bill Stewart has indefinitely suspended Jock Sanders, according to what I've seen on WV news sites.

A no contest plea before for the battery charge, and now a drunk driving incident. I'd say it's high time for Stewart to show Sanders the door for good, but he was the team's leading receiver last season, so he may very well get a special dispensation from the head coach after WV's governor orders a last-minute reprieve. Stranger things have happened, and often do, in West Virginia.

these so-called "indefinite" suspensions usually end up lasting until fall practice begins... convenient, eh?

you don't want the "great young man" to have his delicate self esteem damaged by the stigma of actually being disciplined.

watch and see what happens. if he doesn't play in the season opener this fall, i'll be very surprised.