2008 NBA Draft

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I deleted his posts and I will talk to Don about it. He is wasting his time here. All he likes to do is argue about how great his guys are and how much he hates white athletes. Maximus loves to fire people up. We can ban him over and over but because he is a loser & has no life, he will probably keep posting under different names. You can also tell it's him however because of his dumb posts that. He really hates this site and all of us for rooting for white athletes. Screw him.

As far as the draft goes, a big trade just went down. Kevin Love and Mike Miller to the Minnesota Timberwolves. Memphis received OJ Mayo and Marko Jaric. I would say that the T-Wolves got the best end of this one. Kevin McHale has nothing but praise for Kevin Love and he will help to turn him into a very good nba player.

On another note, how about them Jazz. The Utah Jazz drafted 3 white players. The team will be as white as the mountains that surround Utah.
smiley36.gif
I really like the guard that the Suns picked up too in the trade with the Spurs. He is very athletic, left handed and he will get to play with Steve Nash.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Beat me to it White Lightning! You are true to your name, lol. I was just about to post on that blockbuster trade! Minnesota will be a team to root for with Mike Miller starting at either SG or SF and Love starting at PF or C alongside Jefferson before too long. If Miller starts at SF the Wolves could move the talented combo guard Foye to SG. They would need another player to play alongside him in the back court who is a true point. Can you imagine if the Wolves get Ricky Rubio next year! That would make 3 excellent white starters! We need some NBA teams to start defying stereotypes by winning championships with a majority starting white roster! The Kings were robbed from doing that in 2002 by corrupt officiating, which still makes me angry! Here is another article on the blockbuster trade!

Wolves trade Mayo to Memphis for Love

By JON KRAWCZYNSKI, AP Sports Writer 12 minutes ago

MINNEAPOLIS (AP)â€â€￾The Minnesota Timberwolves have traded No. 3 pick O.J. Mayo to the Memphis Grizzlies for Kevin Love in an eight-player, late-night blockbuster long after the NBA draft concluded.

The Grizzlies confirmed the deal shortly before holding an early Friday morning news conference.

The Timberwolves also received shooter Mike Miller and frontcourt retreads Brian Cardinal and Jason Collins from Memphis in exchange for the draft rights to Mayo, forward Antoine Walker and guards Marko Jaric and Greg Buckner.

The deal allows the Timberwolves to dump Walker, who was unhappy riding the bench on a young team, and Jaric's contract, which has three years and more than $21 million remaining.

Miller also fills a huge hole on the team as a perimeter shooter and gives them Love, a player who can play down low next to Al Jefferson on a formidable young front line.

The Grizzlies, in turn, get a dynamic guard in Mayo who was widely rated the third-best player in the draft behind Memphis guard Derrick Rose and Kansas State forward Michael Beasley, who went first and second, respectively.

Timberwolves fans will likely be reminded of another lottery-swapping move two years ago, when Minnesota selected Brandon Roy, then traded him to Portland for Randy Foye and cash.

Roy went on to become rookie of the year in 2006-07 and an All-Star last season, while Foye has struggled with injuries while showing promise as a floor leader and playmaking perimeter threat.

With Foye and Rashad McCantsâ€â€￾two smallish scoring guardsâ€â€￾already on the roster, the Wolves started their evening by drafting the 6-foot-5 Mayo out of USC with the third pick.

Memphis took Love, a fundamentally sound 6-foot-10 power forward from UCLA, with the fifth overall pick.

Despite the apparent similarities between Mayo, Foye and Rashad McCants, assistant GM Fred Hoiberg told hundreds of fans gathered at Target Center for a draft party that he thought Mayo would fit in just fine with the guard-heavy Timberwolves.

"We thought there was a realistic chance Miami would take him at No. 2," Hoiberg said of the Heat, who chose Kansas State forward Michael Beasley. "We think that he'll come in and be able to help us out right away."

Hoiberg raved about Mayo's outside shooting and competitive spirit, calling him "a complete player, a complete person" and someone who can "come in and be able to help us out right away."

It turns out that Mayo helped them for about four hours.

McHale and the Wolves brass sat sequestered in the team's draft room for more than two hours after the draft concluded, hammering out the particulars of the deal.

Collins only has one year left on his contract, making him a hot commodity on the NBA trade market. Cardinal has two years left, while Miller is the outside shooter the team has been craving for years.

Miller averaged 16.7 points and 6.7 rebounds a game and, most attractive the Wolves, shot 43 percent on 3-pointers last season.

Love set UCLA freshman records for scoring and rebounding on his way to being named conference player of the year in his only season with the Bruins. The Timberwolves were impressed by his passing, shooting range and knack for coming up with rebounds in traffic.

In Walker and Buckner, the Grizzlies get two veterans whose best days are long behind them and a guard/forward in Jaric that never fulfilled the promise McHale had for him when he traded Sam Cassell and a first-round draft choice for Jaric in 2005.

Memphis also traded the rights to Syracuse forward Donte Greene, the No. 28 pick, in exchange for the rights to Darrell Arthur, who was picked 27th and traded three times. New Orleans dealt his rights to Portland, which then traded him to Houston. The Rockets then traded his rights to Memphis early Friday morning.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
If Euros are such busts why can't U.S. teams beat them in international competition?

PhillyBirds

Mentor
white lightning said:
I remember when Dan Majerle was booed by the Suns Fans when he was selected years ago. Their coach at the time was Cotton Fitzsimmons and he said boy will you guys regret this. Man was he right as "Thunder Dan" wowed them over a great career. One of my favorite Majerle moments was in his 1st or 2nd year in the playoffs. He stole the ball from one of the G.S. Warriors and went down and dunked over 7'7 Manute Bol. The crowd went wild as Thunder Dan was 13 inches shorter but dunked on him with ease. They have a poster of that in the Suns Team Shop.

Just had to see it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q12BCKrIQ18

C Darwin

Mentor
All I can say is...

I still like white people better.
smiley14.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley1.gif
smiley16.gif
smiley32.gif

G

Maximum douche is now trying to tell us that a team with 2 NBA MVPs is not a good team.

white lightning, please ban this troll.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Liverlips wrote:

"If Euros are such busts why can't U.S. teams beat them in international competition?"

Exactly...exactly. If the black U.S. Olympic team can`t win this time, what will be the excuse?

Maximus: Marc Gasol is not afraid of the NBA. He is going to play for Memphis next season.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Maximus is just like Jon Entine. A man who always belives that blacks are the best in everything. Back in the 80's, I used to hear that whites can't jump. Since then, we had a few guys in dunk contests at first. Guys like Tom Chambers, Rex Chapman, Bob Sura and Brent Barry who won the nba dunk contest with a dunk from the free throw line. Now there are white guys everywhere all around the world winning dunk contests!

David Anderson of the Knicks won a high school and a college dunk contest. There are countless Josh McRoberts, Micah Owens types now. They are doing every dunk that Kobe, MJ or LeBron can do. The media still ignores them and worships the black athletes. Guys like Joe Alexander are going to have to earn their way. We need guys that will play the so called "Black Game" or taking it to the basket relentlessly. The white kids are learning to play the street game and they also have the hops to back it up.

Mike Miller is only a small sampling of the future of white basketball players. Think Joe Alexander and beyond. We can shoot, and we can dunk. The white basketball player is here to stay and growing in numbers by the day.