2008 Louisiana Tech Bulldogs

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the projected white starters for 2008.

Offense

QB Ross Jenkins

WR Philip Beck-in a fight for the position

C Lon Roberts

LG David Accardo

LT Rob McGill

Defense

WLB Quin Harris

LT Mason Hitt

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Did anyone else enjoy Tech's win over Miss State?

Senior WR - Josh Wheeler - had 1 catch for 39 yards. It was an athletic play he made.

Taylor Bennett was the starter at QB. Philip Beck started.

Ben Harris started at one of the OG spots.

It looked like 4 or 5 Whites (the two starters mentioned in your preview, Jared Barron and Nolan Darby) made a significant impact towards Tech's strong defensive performance. Tech's defense didn't get worn down. It was impressive! Edited by: Deadlift

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
ESPN2 reshowed portions of this game in a 2-hour time slot from 4 to 6 AM this morning.

They wrote the names of the starters in small print at the very top of the screen. They are doing a lot of that now on ABC and the various ESPN channels. No pictures of every starter!

Yeah, they do show a few pictures of supposed "impact" players to watch for. Most of whom are non-White. They have become control freaks when it comes to "setting the agenda."

It's interesting that the names of the starters are obscurely written at the top of the screen. For me, anyway, it's more natural to look at the bottom half of the screen. After all, that's where the pictures of the starters used to be and that's where the football action is taking place...

Are we having an effect? Are they afraid to show the reality of White athletes being "phased-out" at a significant number of programs, especially when we are always told about the great joys of diversity? College athletes getting arrested constantly might also be a factor.

jared

Mentor
Deadlift said:
ESPN2 reshowed portions of this game in a 2-hour time slot from 4 to 6 AM this morning.

They wrote the names of the starters in small print at the very top of the screen. They are doing a lot of that now on ABC and the various ESPN channels. No pictures of every starter!

Yeah, they do show a few pictures of supposed "impact" players to watch for. Most of whom are non-White. They have become control freaks when it comes to "setting the agenda."

It's interesting that the names of the starters are obscurely written at the top of the screen. For me, anyway, it's more natural to look at the bottom half of the screen. After all, that's where the pictures of the starters used to be and that's where the football action is taking place...

Are we having an effect? Are they afraid to show the reality of White athletes being "phased-out" at a significant number of programs, especially when we are always told about the great joys of diversity? College athletes getting arrested constantly might also be a factor.

I've noticed that too this year on ESPN. I don't attribute it to anything sinister but I do find it profoundly annoying. Most of the games I watch, the announcers don't even give you any warning such as: "and here's the starting lineup" until they've already flashed 2/3 of the names across the top. It's definitely not natural to look up there to see the names, they should have put it along the bottom.

sunshine

Mentor
Might as well not give the lineups--what a dumbass idea to scroll them on the top where it is impossible to get a grasp.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
I watched parts of Louisiana Tech's Independence Bowl victory over Northern Illinois and the one comment I want to make about the game is that women do not belong in the broadcast booth for college football games.