2007 Virginia Cavaliers

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are my projections for the 2007 white starters.

Offense
WR Cary Koch
TE Jonathan Stupar
TE Tom Santi
C Jordy Lipsey
RT Will Barker

Defense
DE Chris Long
NT Allen Billyk
ILB Jon Cooper

SteveB

Mentor
It looks like Staton Jobe is working his way into the mix at WR.

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08 /06/AR2007080601779.html[/url] (you have to read down the article to see the mention of Staton)

Stanton was an All-State receiver in Texas and his team's MVP. He played for Austin Westlake, a mostly white high school football powerhouse (much like Southlake Carroll), that is always in the mix for the 5A state championship. He was also a top sprinter in the state with a personal best of 10.35 in the 100m. He did not get any Div 1 offers so he walked on a Virginia and it looks like he may get a shot at playing. Another caste victim.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Chris Long had a great interception -- which showcased great reflexes -- against the Tar Heels.

Did anyone else see it?

backrow

Hall of Famer
redshirt freshman Staton Jobe was praised by announcers after making a nice catch. they mentioned that he was a great sprinter and how tremendously athletic he is.

smiley32.gif

PITBWSHCGLIOTDB.20070809153501.JPG

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
<DIV =articleContentTitle>U.Va. Notes: Williams dropped from Groh's program
<DIV =articleContentTitle>
<DIV =articleContentTitle> [url]http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/sports/colleges.apx.-content-a rticles-RTD-2008-04-03-0063.html [/url]
<DIV style="HEIGHT: 20px">
Thursday, Apr 03, 2008 - 12:07 AM
<DIV ="" id=artText>

J'Courtney Williams' football career at Virginia ended before the freshman linebacker played in a game.

In a statement yesterday, Cavaliers coach Al Groh said: "J'Courtney's time here has unfortunately been marked by issues which fall below the line of what is acceptable to us.

"Therefore, he will no longer be a member of our program."

Williams, who redshirted last season, was arrested Monday by U.Va. police. They charged him with one count of credit-card theft, a felony, and one count of credit-card fraud, a misdemeanor, in connection with an incident in which another U.Va. student's wallet was stolen.

In February, Williams was arrested and charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana. That case has been continued until February next year.

Williams, a Christchurch School graduate, is from Danville. Of the recruits who entered U.Va. last summer, he was among the most highly regarded.

His arrest followed that of junior cornerback Mike Brown, whom U.Va. police in early March charged with three felonies: one count each of grand larceny, possession of stolen property with intent to sell, and altering serial numbers.

Brown also was charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana. Brown, whose next court date is April 24, hasn't been practicing with the team this spring. He's still on the roster, however, and in the Cavaliers' spring prospectus.
<H3>Arrests disturb Groh</H3>

On a teleconference yesterday, Groh called the arrests of Williams and Brown "unsettling."

"Any miscue that we have as to what's expected, whether it's community issues or internal issues, we always address and reinforce immediately [with the team]," said Groh, who's heading into his eighth season as Virginia's coach. "We would hope the players have a pretty clear understanding of what the value system is and what we expect here.

"We've had two unfortunate incidents. We can't go 100 percent in every pass we throw or every kick that we make, but we're trying to go 100 percent in those other issues."

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Which ACC Team is "White-friendliest" after Boston College? Could it be Virginia? They lost a number of White and black starter's after last season so I'm interested in seeing their '08 starting lineup.

I'm not particularly optimistic, but more interested and curious. The team may still be Caste, but the number of Whites that start, and the others that get playing time, is important.

In the ACC last season, especially toward the end, there were some very lopsided games. Many of the "talented" affletes are overrated, but they "revolted" and gave up. No doubt about it. The "System" pampers them and, despite what the MSM says, many of them lack dedication and intestinal fortitude.

Virginia's '09 Recruiting:

[url]http://virginia.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2009&School=9 1&Sport=1[/url]

Out of 12 commits I see 6 Whites + DB Corey Lillard looks mestizo to me + 5 blacks.

Virginia should pull in more Whites from Ohio and other places. We could see a Class that's about half White when it's finished.

White Power

Mentor
Looks good at that school corey looks more hipanic than negroe maybe just maybe he could be of hispanic and white persuasion. Any way I like what Virginia has done this year as far as recruiting goes. The school can thank Chris Long in getting so many white to come to the school to play defense. You see how being white freindly can make your team better. Listen up all of you negroe loving coaches you WIN when you recruit whites. One more note why has Alabama been so bad lately? Why who was their last great white super star any one remember I can't.

whiteCB

Master
White Power said:
Looks good at that school corey looks more hipanic than negroe maybe just maybe he could be of hispanic and white persuasion. Any way I like what Virginia has done this year as far as recruiting goes. The school can thank Chris Long in getting so many white to come to the school to play defense. You see how being white freindly can make your team better. Listen up all of you negroe loving coaches you WIN when you recruit whites. One more note why has Alabama been so bad lately? Why who was their last great white super star any one remember I can't.

Yeah seriously it seems Groh is all about white DEs with 2 of them in his 2009 class.