2007 Tennessee Volunteers

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the projected white starters for Phillip "Casteman" Fulmer for 2007.

Offense
QB Erik Ainge
WR Austin Rogers
TE Brad Cottam
C Josh McNeil

Defense
SLB Ryan Karl

DT J.T. Mapu is Hawaiian

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
wow! a white receiver at Tennessee!?!?!

quick, somebody check in hell to see what the weather is like. i'm betting it's colder than normal.
smiley2.gif

Jimmy Chitwood said:

quick, somebody check in hell to see what the weather is like. i'm betting it's colder than normal.
smiley2.gif

Craig Faulkner played WR at Tennessee from 1991-93. He could go deep and had good hands. I was sitting in the stands at Neyland Stadium during this period when Faulkner made a good catch and spun away from a DB for around 15 extra yards. Someome sitting near me said, "I haven't seen a white boy with moves like that in years."

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
what ever happened to him Historian? that was back when i was still a wee lad.
smiley2.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
sport historian said:
Someome sitting near me said, "I haven't seen a white boy with moves like that in years."

Now it's been years since they've seen a white boy at all!

backrow

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:

smiley2.gif

is he actually going to start?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yes, he is going to start, unless he gets hurt. I wouldn't have listed him if he wasn't going to start.

Jimmy Chitwood said:
what ever happened to him Historian? that was back when i was still a wee lad.
smiley2.gif

After his junior year of 1992, Faulkner announced that he was giving up football because of a lingering wrist injury. He changed his mind and went on to play the 1993 season, and had another good year. Faulkner wasn't drafted by the NFL, as I recall. He made a lot of spectacular plays at Tennessee.

Riddlewire

Master
Cottam is out for the year with a wrist injury. They will request a sixth year of eligibility for him.
His snaps will be taken over by fellow senior TE Chris Brown (black).
Cottam's younger brother Jeff (RS Sophomore), also a TE for the Vols, moves up the the #2 spot behind Brown. He will most likely get a decent number of snaps this season. Good look to both Cottam brothers.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee tailback LaMarcus Coker and defensive tackle Demonte Bolden will miss the game against Louisiana-Lafayette on Saturday because of a violation of team rules.

Bolden is a starter on the defensive line while Coker returns kicks and plays behind starter Arian Foster.

"Those guys are important to us, and hopefully we can have them back for Arkansas," coach Phillip Fulmer said Wednesday. He didn't elaborate on the violation.

Coker was suspended for almost three weeks of practice in August for what team officials described as a medical issue. He was also suspended for several practices last December in advance of the Outback Bowl for undisclosed reasons.

Despite the absences, Fulmer said he does not anticipate issues with depth this week. He said freshman tailback Lennon Creer, who has suffered from soreness in his knee for some time, has responded well to his treatments.

"It is what it is," Fulmer said. "You got 83 guys that are doing just the right things; a couple that don't."

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
http://www.thestate.com/sports/story/325213.html

<H1>Fulmer responds to criticism</H1>
<H2>Vols coach lashes out at newspaper column's take on disciplinary actions</H2>
<H3>By The Associated Press</H3>

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. â€â€￾ Tennessee football coach Phillip Fulmer lashed out at criticism about player disciplinary decisions in a newspaper column.

In the column published on The Knoxville News Sentinel's Web site Thursday night, Fulmer said he has never used a player's skill or athletic success in deciding how he should be disciplined for an off-the-field problem.

"Our internal discipline is based on one factor alone: the course that is most likely to help that individual young man make amends and get his life straight," Fulmer wrote in the column that will appear in Friday's edition.

"I've undoubtedly made some mistakes, but I try to do what I think is in the best interest for each young man."

The 15-year coach specifically responded to an opinion piece by News Sentinel columnist John Adams published earlier in the week calling for Fulmer to be fired because of a series of off-the-field discipline problems.

Florida A&amp;M QB says he made up story about robbery, assault. Florida A&amp;M quarterback Mike Johnson confessed to making up a story that he was robbed and assaulted in his dorm room.

The 19-year-old freshman, a transfer from Tulsa, was charged with filing a false police report and impeding an investigation, both third-degree misdemeanors, police said. Johnson was taken to the Leon County Jail and was scheduled for a first appearance Saturday.

Johnson told authorities he was thrown down on his bed by intruders about 4 a.m. Tuesday, police said. He told campus police the intruders wrote "Mike + football death," on a mirror, refrigerator and television in the room.

WVU asks judge to dismiss Rodriguez arguments. West Virginia University wants a judge to dismiss counterclaims Rich Rodriguez raised to the lawsuit over his $4 million buyout, arguing he can't benefit from a contract, then refuse to comply with the parts he does not like.

The university filed documents in Monongalia County Circuit Court in Morgantown, arguing that Rodriguez fails to offer legal foundations for his claim the contract is unenforceable. He claims he signed it under false pretenses, expecting certain verbal promises from the administration.

Former Illinois football player pleads guilty to theft. Former University of Illinois football player Derrick McPhearson pleaded guilty to stealing a laptop computer from another student's apartment.

NCAA overturns ruling that stripped Oklahoma football of eight wins in 2005. Oklahoma will have wins reinstated from the 2005 Holiday Bowl season after an NCAA appeals committee partially overturned a ruling in the infractions case involving former quarterback Rhett Bomar.