2007 Ole Miss Rebels

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the few likely white starters for this year. "Rebel faithful", how much are you really liking this?

Offense
QB Seth Adams
TE Robert Lane
LG Reid Neely
C Corey Actis

Defense
There has been some shifting around of LBs as of late, so I'll have to finish this later to be sure.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Last year's "savior", QB Brent Schaeffer, has now been moved to WR and it is likely that he won't start there. Seth Adams will definitely be the starting QB now, as his skill helped move Schaeffer out of the QB position. Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
isn't it interesting to note that schaeffer is still academically eligible to play at Ole Miss? he isn't that good of a player, but he certainly isn't very smart.

after all the trouble he had with the ju-co schoolwork and getting that sorted, and all the talk of him skipping classes and so forth at Ole Miss, i am surprised he can even sign his name on the dotted line, much less pass college level courses.
smiley5.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
JACKSON, Miss. -- Mississippi coach Ed Orgeron said Monday he has suspended defensive end Greg Hardy for a violation of team rules.

Mississippi's Greg Hardy, who was suspended indefinitely Monday for violating team rules, leads the SEC with eight sacks.

Orgeron said the suspension is indefinite and offered few details, though he did say later that the Southeastern Conference's sack leader was not in legal trouble.

"I think I have a very, very disciplined team," Orgeron said. "I think the guys know if they violate team rules there are consequences."

Hardy, a 6-foot-5, 255-pound sophomore from Memphis, leads the SEC with eight sacks and 15.5 tackles for loss. He was left home and did not play in Saturday's 17-3 loss at Auburn. The Rebels play Northwestern State of the Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA) on Saturday in Oxford.

Hardy, perhaps the team's best athlete and a young star in the SEC, had started just four of eight games before the Auburn game with no explanation from Orgeron.

Hardy is at least the third Ole Miss player to lose starts for apparent disciplinary reasons. Offensive lineman Corey Actis and John Jerry were both demoted earlier this season.

When asked if a "trend" of discipline problems was developing, Orgeron said he would not even repeat the word.

"As I look across the country I see guys getting arrested, I see guys being put in jail," Orgeron said. "I haven't seen any of that with my players. I think we run a very strict, disciplined program here. I feel I have a very well-behaved team."

whiteCB

Master
Col. Reb please tell me you've given up on "rooting" for this pathetic program.
smiley18.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I shouldn't have to tell you, whiteCB. You should have known it a long time ago. I have posted numerous times since I started posting here about my disdain for the university, its administrators, its football program, and its practices.

I post info like this about many teams and players all the time. Are you surprised that I would point out a lack of good behavior on the part of a "star" blacklete at a university in my home state? I would hope not.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
More pathetic news from New Miss. From olemisssports.com

OXFORD, Miss. - Ole Miss Athletics Director Pete Boone announced Sunday that 20 members of the Rebel football team are being disciplined for conduct unbecoming of an Ole Miss student-athlete.

"On two occasions, these athletes took property that belonged to the hotels where the team was staying," Boone said. "This property included radios and pillows. The student-athletes involved have personally repaid the value of these items which ranges from $15 to $40."

"Since the student-athletes have made restitution, there are no NCAA rules violations," said Senior Associate Athletics Director for Compliance David Wells.

"These athletes are on indefinite probation," said Ole Miss Head Coach Ed Orgeron. "Any actions similar to this will result in more severe penalties which may include dismissal from the team."

What is crazy is, these guys are going to be playing against Mississippi State Friday. What else would you expect from a bunch of crazed liberal hypocrits in Oxford.