2007 Oklahoma State Cowboys

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the likely white starters for 2007. At least it is an improvement over the three they started last year.
smiley5.gif

Offense
SB/WR Anthony Parks
RT David Koenig
RG Steve Denning
LG Andrew Lewis

Defense
DE Nathan Peterson

white is right

Hall of Famer
Well there coach went postal the other day. I still think his angry rants didn't top Denny Green or other pro ones, but it was still a classic. The press conference is on youtube.Edited by: white is right

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
[url]http://timesfreepress.com/news/2008/apr/03/bowman-arrested-d rug-charges/[/url]

For the second time in his athletic career Adarius Bowman's future has been clouded by marijuana. The former Notre Dame High School star was arrested around 8 p.m. Tuesday night and charged with possession of 2.3 grams of marijuana in McMinn County.

Bowman was stopped on I-75 North by Officer Justin Hester of the McMinn County Sheriff's Department, who had observed Bowman's 2008 Cadillac Escalade going 80 mph in a 70 mph speed zone.

In the arrest report, Officer Hester stated he saw Bowman, who was alone in the vehicle, throw a small plastic bag out of his window as he pulled to the side of the interstate. The officer asked Bowman if the bag he threw from the window contained marijuana and Bowman responded, "yes it was."

Bowman was placed under arrest and the arresting officer then found the bag containing a small amount of marijuana. The contents of the bag have been sent to a lab to be analyzed. Bowman was released from the McMinn County jail on $500 bond and is scheduled for arraignment this morning in McMinn County general sessions court.

"I'm so mad at Adarius, I don't want to talk to him right now," Bowman's mother, Tara Bowman said Wednesday night. "I haven't spoken to him since it happened. I know in my heart he regrets it, and he's sitting somewhere hurting right now over it. I'm too mad that he's done this again to even talk to him right now. It's not the end of the world for him, but it's certainly going to hurt his future, for now."

The 6-foot-3, 223-pound Bowman, an All Big 12 receiver his junior season at Oklahoma State, has been projected as either a first or second round selection in the upcoming NFL Draft. He set several records at OSU, including a Big 12-record 300-yard receiving performance against Kansas during his junior year. In only 24 games at Oklahoma State (all starts), Bowman finished as the school's No. 4 career receptions and yardage leader.

Bowman was a three-sport all-state performer at Notre Dame, winning the Division II Mr. Football award twice. After signing with North Carolina out of high school, Bowman was dismissed from the team midway through his sophomore season, along with two other Tar Heels teammates, after being arrested for possession of marijuana.

Those charges against Bowman were later dismissed, but as a high-profile player, the stigma followed him throughout his two-year career with Oklahoma State. While at OSU, Bowman never ran afoul of the law, but in a recent interview with a national football publication, admitted that he was continually questioned about the incident by NFL scouts.

[url]http://www.newschannel9.com/news/local_967658___article.html /star_drug.html[/url]
<DIV =newstext>

A local football star is out on bond after a drug arrest.

Adarius Bowman caught many a touchdown at Notre Dame High school. He's a highly touted wide receiver who is getting ready for the NFL Draft, but last night he may have hit a stumbling block when he was arrested for possesion of marijuana.

Many NFL teams are salivating over Oklahoma State receiver Adarius Bowman.

Bowman graduated from Notre Dame and competed against his good friend Courtney Braswell on a regular basis.

"Adarius is always the guy putting up big numbers on the track and on the football field and always had a smile on his face," Braswell says.

But that smile may have faded after a McMinn County Sheriff's Deputy arrested Bowman last night for possession of marijuana.

"It blew my mind I guess I can understand nobody's perfect everybody makes mistakes, I hurt him I really do, hopefully he can move past it this time," Braswell says.

Turns out this isn't the first time Bowman's been in trouble - he was thrown off of North Carolina's football team before he transferred to Oklahoma State.

"He always struck me as the guy who made a mistake at North Carolina and it seemed like a thing that he had moved passed and when I heard it really did shock me because I thought he'd move past things like that," Braswell says.

Braswell works at D-1 - a training facility for athletes of all shapes and sizes with high aspirations and now he hopes his friend's professional aspirations won't be cut short because of a forth quarter mistake off the field.

"I think Adarius is well spoken enough and has enough about himself that he can address those issues much like other players like Darrien McFadden, it doesn't help matters any but um it does help knowing what kind of guy he is and knowing Im pretty sure he can bounce back from it," Braswell says.

Bowman posted a $500 bond early this morning and earlier I spoke on the phone with the assistant general manager of an NFL team who says this could seriously affect Bowman's draft status.