2007 Northwestern Wildcats

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the whites who will most likely be starting at the only private member of the Big 10.

Offense
QB C.J. Bacher
WR Andrew Brewer
WR Eric Peterman
WR Ross Lane
LT Dylan Thiry
LG Adam Crum
C Trevor Rees
RG Joel Belding
RT Kurt Mattes

Defense
SS Bredan Smith
WLB Mike Dinard
MLB Adam Kadela
DE Kevin Mims
DT Adam Hahn
DT John Gill

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
if i'm not mistaken, Eric Peterman began his career as a cornerback, but has bounced back and forth between offense and defense, quarterback to receiver to corner and back again. i think he's the fastest guy on the team, as well, but that might not be correct.

also, i've heard that Ross Lane has the chance to be really good.

great work, Colonel!
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yep Jimmy, Peterman was a CB last year and has moved over to WR. WR Andrew Brewer also competed for the QB job last year before transitioning. The only negative thing I see with Northwestern this year is a shift to a mostly black secondary.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Saw a nice game at Ford Field (Detroit Lions home field) on Friday. Northwestern played Eastern Michigan. Lots of white players on both sides of the ball. Eric Peterman had a good game, he was everywhere, they even had him back on punts late in the game. He can run.

Both teams had a lot of white guys on defense and Northwestern was majority white on offense. And EMU rotated two white cornerbacks in even playing them at the same time, yes believe it or not both CB's on a Div IA team were white, they played pretty good too. Also had a white safety, I think they might have been violating some rule, I expect the Black Coaches Assoc. to file a grievance.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
jaxvid,

i am a big fan of Eric Peterman and Ross Lane. they are two VERY athletic and swift wide receivers. in fact, at one point Peterman was the most gifted cornerback on the team before being switched to receiver for the final time.

the starting corner for Eastern Michigan is the under-sized but gifted junior, Lyle Garrison. aside from the obvious debilitating skin condition he suffers from, he also has overcome questions about his size to play at a high level.

the other corner, i've never had the chance to watch. but his name is Kevin Long, and he's a true freshman. he has tremendous size for a corner, at 6-1 and 203 pounds, and he must have some ability to get on the field as a true frosh.

the starting safety is also a youngster, redshirt freshman Ryan Downard. he leads the team in interceptions.

Chris May, who opened the season as the starter at free safety, still plays a lot though has lost the starting job to Downard. he is just a sophomore, so there is a possibility that EMU will have an all-white starting secondary next year.
smiley32.gif

maybe i should add this to the Eastern Michigan thread. i think i will.
smiley2.gif
Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

white is right

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
Saw a nice game at Ford Field (Detroit Lions home field) on Friday. Northwestern played Eastern Michigan. Lots of white players on both sides of the ball. Eric Peterman had a good game, he was everywhere, they even had him back on punts late in the game. He can run.

Both teams had a lot of white guys on defense and Northwestern was majority white on offense. And EMU rotated two white cornerbacks in even playing them at the same time, yes believe it or not both CB's on a Div IA team were white, they played pretty good too. Also had a white safety, I think they might have been violating some rule, I expect the Black Coaches Assoc. to file a grievance.
No more like while watching the game on tv Massah Bowden and Joe Pa were both taken to the emergency ward for fearing the big one was near...
smiley36.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
white is right said:
No more like while watching the game on tv Massah Bowden and Joe Pa were both taken to the emergency ward for fearing the big one was near...
smiley36.gif

smiley36.gif
Unfortunately we could list a whole bunch of coaches that would fit that description.
smiley18.gif