2007 North Texas Mean Green

texasheat

Here are the projected white starters for new coach Todd Dodge and the Mean Green Eagles for the upcoming season.

Offense
QB-Daniel Meager
WR-Brock Stickler
LG-Adam Venegas
RG-Chad Rose
RT-Robert Peachey

Defense
LE-Jeremiah Chapman
RE-Blake Burruss

Projected starters are courtesy of "Dave Campbell's 2007 Texas Football" magazine. Well, what can you say? Offense went from 9 to 5 & the defense went from 4 to 2 this year.

BUT, I anticipate the new coach to be very anti-caste system. He will put the best players at whatever position they belong in. The reason I say that is his track record. He was HC at Southlake Carroll HS and the past 5 years he was 79-1 w/4 state championships at the highest level. Southlake is a rich suburb of the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex and is 92% white as of the last census. W/Dodge's track record he knows white atheltes are every bit as good as the black affalete. Shocking, isn't it?
smiley2.gif
Anyway, look for UNT to go back to over 50% whites starting on both sides of the ball in the near future.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I hope you are correct about Coach Dodge texasheat, but often moving from one level to the other changes people. We'll see what his recruiting classes look like. I know he had some awesome white players at Southlake Carroll, and I hope he will bring that same type of player to North Texas.

whiteCB

Master
Colonel_Reb said:
I hope you are correct about Coach Dodge texasheat, but often moving from one level to the other changes people. We'll see what his recruiting classes look like. I know he had some awesome white players at Southlake Carroll, and I hope he will bring that same type of player to North Texas.

Oh yeah moving from one level to another can for sure chnage coaches becuase now they can pick who they want(black players) instead of just being given players(white guys) in high school.

KG2422

Mentor
He recruited white RB Micah Mosley from Nederland, TX.
smiley32.gif
I saw him play. He's a good one. We have a thread on him.Edited by: KG2422

lumsdenpower

Mentor
Micah Mosley is gonna be redshirt or something????
I hope no, 'cause they a lot of people , including coach, who think that Mosley is already their BEST RB
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

This boy have a real potential!!!

texasheat

I tried looking at the UNT website for info on Mosley's status but there's nothing yet. Probably too early. It wouldn't surprise me if we red-shirted him because Dodge probably wants to max out his value & he's already got Jamario Thomas set at the position. He's a SR who led NCAA D-I in rushing as a FR & he was pretty awesome until hammy problems the past two years.

So my guess is a redshirt to let him learn the offense, let Jamario do his thing, graduate & then off to the races we go for 2008.

By the way, thanks for the heads-up KG2422 on the Mosley post. I didn't know how good this kid was until reading that thread. Sweet!