2007 Miami Hurricanes

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the probable white starters at Miami in 2007. I guess FSU trumps Miami for the least white Florida team this year.

Offense
QB Kyle Wright or Kirby Freeman
LT Jason Fox
C A.J. Trump
RG Derrick Morse

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's an article on Colin McCarthy, who is trying to become a starter at LB. His hero is Dan Morgan, who went on to become an outstanding NFL MLB but has been plagued by multiple concussions. I don't think Miami's had a white starter on defense since Morgan was there.

http://www.miamiherald.com/606/story/194793.html

whiteCB

Master
Don Wassall said:
Here's an article on Colin McCarthy, who is trying to become a starter at LB.  His hero is Dan Morgan, who went on to become an outstanding NFL MLB but has been plagued by multiple concussions.  I don't think Miami's had a white starter on defense since Morgan was there. 

http://www.miamiherald.com/606/story/194793.html

Actually Miami had token white DT Andrew Walter as a starter on their 2002 team that lost the classic double OT game to Ohio St.
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami quarterback Kyle Wright was on the practice field Tuesday, although his status for the Hurricanes' game this weekend against North Carolina State remains unclear.

Wright has a sprained left ankle and a sprained tendon behind his left knee. He was hurt in Miami's last game at Florida State on Oct. 20, and said he wouldn't have played if the Hurricanes had a game this past weekend.

"I tried to do as much as I could in individual drills and warm-ups," Wright said. "That's really where I'm at right now."

If Wright cannot play, Miami will have Kirby Freeman start against NC State.

Freeman was 4-for-11 for 59 yards and the winning touchdown at Florida State, taking over when Wright got hurt late in the first half.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press