2007 Air Force Falcons

JTJTJT

TCU was a preseason top 20. If AF keeps winning they will be in a prominent Bowl game, they have Notre Dame and BYU on schedule. I wonder how the caste system would deal with having the whitest team on primetime TV.

I would be shocked if Air Force is ranked this upcoming week. They didn't have a single vote in the last poll, and TCU will simply be downgraded from this loss as opposed to AFA being upgraded. I look for them to gather a few (maybe 20) votes, but they will need to continue to win to be taken seriously. I'd imagine a 6-0 start might get them ranked.

guest301

Hall of Famer
This years Boise State except whiter.
smiley2.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Air Force will have to beat a 2-1 BYU team next week to be ranked, and BYU has to beat Tulsa tomorrow for that to happen.

yanling

Guru
Colonel_Reb said:
Air Force will have to beat a 2-1 BYU team next week to be ranked, and BYU has to beat Tulsa tomorrow for that to happen.

Isn't BYU also relatively white?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yep, but BYU is generally thought of as a good team, especially after last season. If they lose to Air Force, the only team in the country that is whiter than them, Air Force will be in the driver's seat for the MWC title and BYU will be 0-1 in the MWC. Whatever happens, I will be there to see it! I've got season student tickets.

Quite frankly I cant believe Air Force won this one. TCU is an excellent team with players whom have concentrated solely on football for their entire lives. Air Force, once again, is a team of 4.0 GPA types who have other priorities then football.

None of the Air Force players will go to the NFL so they must focus on their future careers in the real world.

I agree with all of you. If Air Force had more then just one black player then they would be a story. And they would at least be ranked in the top 40.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Chad Hall is racking up the yardage and is already over 1000 in APY. He'll hit over 1,200 in rushing if things keep going well. He's the only player in the country to be leading his team in rushing and receiving!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Don't the service academies have some sort of deal if a player is drafted? I would love to see Hall in the NFL. I have seen him compared to Welker...it might of been on this site or an article I read but I am hoping to catch an AF game this year if possible.

jared

Mentor
I've got to watch AF once or twice this year. Hall is very Welker-like in his short area shiftiness.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Very close loss to New Mexico last night. AF will at least make a bowl game though. They'll likely go 7-4 or something like that.

The loss was lessened by BC's comeback win over Va. Tech. Also, New Mexico starts a lot of whites.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah. Hall had another really good night. I feel bad for Air Force losing, but I do agree that they will make a bowl game, and it will be the first one in a while.

jared

Mentor
Hall is closing in on 300 yards on the ground today against Army. Yikes, this guy is really on a tear!

Bronk

Mentor
As good as Hall, Carney, Root, Ollis and the AF offense is, their defense is pretty tough as well. Army game commentators talked about how solid their LBs Shanor, Rabold are. They also seem to get to the passer very well.

This is an excellently coached football team as well. Really good schemes and well honed players who execute sharply. I have had more fun watching them play than any other team this year.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
they are also talented. and Bird is a VERY good corner.

Bronk

Mentor
AF beat the Irish yesterday. Hall & Carney played well as did Rabold the LB.

Stingy D. I LOVE the Zoomies.

JTJTJT

Air Force players in the NFL: only one Bryce Fisher and he is black. What does that say?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
That says that the NFL discriminates against their white players and that many of these players have Air Force committments to fulfill and are unable to play pro ball.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
just an fyi... going in to this weekend's games, Air Force cornerback Carson Bird is second in the nation in interceptions with 6.

well done!
smiley32.gif

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Lets hope Chad Hall absolutely tears it up in the bowl game!
smiley36.gif