2006 Mr Olympia Contest

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The contest will be on September 30th in Las Vegas.I'm hoping that Cutler can finally win one.I doubt it however as they want Ronnie Coleman to break the record of 8 Mr Olympia Titles.He is tied with Lee Haney.Arnold had 7 and I belive Dorian Yates had 5 or 6.Jay Cutler has beaten Coleman the last few years according to alot of bodybuilding magazines.They just don't want anyone to beat their chosen one.Here is to Cutler finally getting the title he deserved a long time ago.This guy should go into movies after bodybuilding.I could see him lighting up the silver screen like Arnold used to.

Gary

Mentor
White Lightning-I like Jay Cutler and also Gunter Schlierkamp-But I don't trust Joe Weider.I think he is far more interested in his bank account then Bodybuilding.I don't think Coleman will be beat as long as Weider can make a buck.Bodybuilding is won by the opinion of others, not who is really the best or Cutler would have won before.Any time a black gets beat by opinion he can always cry racism as Shawn Ray did when he lost to Dorian Yates.I hope Cutler or Gunter wins,but it's not like the WSM where either you can lift it or not.
I really liked bodybuilding some years ago when the guys were strong and healthy.Reg Park was great and so was Steve Reeves and John Grimek.I also liked men like Dave Draper,Tom Platz and Larry Scott.Have a great day my brother!

white is right

Hall of Famer
I gave up on the sport once the "athletes" got so freakish looking. I know bodybuilders have been juicing since the 60's, but at least they were fairly normal sized. Now you have guys weighing in at 280 pounds with a 5 percent body fat ratio?

I've said this before, and I'll say it again:
I have no respect for the sport of pro bodybuilding anymore. I agree with Whiteisright, pro bodybuilders have become so freakish and fake, that its nothing more than a chemical-mixing contest. I mean, Arnold and his crew used juice and supplements in the 70's, but nowhere near the amount that ol' Ronnie and the others are inflating themselves with everyday. Its like they have "a chemical for a chemical for a chemical." Absolute lunacy.
smiley7.gif

Alpha Male

Mentor
Yea, it's totally not healhy. Look what happened to Mike Matarazzo. He even said that today's bodybuilders are taking it too far.

My brother bought Jay Cutler video. It's like ground hogs day, does the same thing everyday. Also, his personality, at least in the video, was so chilled out. He barely said anything. He definetly doesn't have Arnold's Charisma. Edited by: Alpha Male

jcolec02

Mentor
i like worlds strongest man myself thats were the real atheletes are....
smiley2.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
genius said:
Jay Cutler has won 2006 Mr Olympia
.Shocked usually when they have their champion Joe Weider doesn't let anybody else win. Ie Lee Lebrada and Rich Gaspari never beating Lee Haney. Or the battles between Arnold and Franco Columbo and Frank Zane and Sergio Olivia. Anyway I have little use for the "sport".......
smiley11.gif

Gary

Mentor
Like most blacks he's most likely crying racism,truth is Cutler was always better!!!

cleverone

I heard that Colemanwould not accept his second place trophy. He probably had a huge 'roid rage when he lost.

They had his training video on at the gym a while ago and his wife (girlfriend?) is more of a man than most. She was really scarry ... like most female bodybuilders.

white is right

Hall of Famer
At one time female bodybuilders were sexy looking. Then Bev Francis ruined it, since then all the champions have looked like gorillas. I saw Carla Dunlop the other day on ESPN and she regained some of her femininity but thats the exception.
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Most of the women who compete in the figure division look about like early female bodybulders, but some are more muscular. The fitness competitors are the only ones who as a category are really feminine and don't have implants. Some do though. I don't understand why they think they have to enhance themselves like that.

dhandler19

Happy to see Cutler win. He's always been a strong choice. Thought Markus Ruhl got shafted and how about Art Atwood. The man is the biggest thing in bodybuilding. I know this forum is generally more supportive of drug free athletes and bodybuilding is certainly a very subjective pseudo sport however it was good to see Jay Cutler finally beat Ronnie Coleman with superior size and shape. I read a column in Flex once where a woman claimed that back guys should always win bodybuilding contests. It's good to see a few big guys disproving that statement!!

jcolec02

Mentor
JESUS CHRIST!!! I just saw pics of Atwood....how the f**k did this guy not win every competition ever???

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
dhandler19 said:
I read a column in Flex once where a woman claimed that back guys should always win bodybuilding contests.It's good to see a few big guys disproving that statement!!

I wouldn't ordinarily ask this question, but since this *is* a thread about bodybuilding: did you mean BLACK guys should always win or BACK guys, i.e. guys with huge lats?

smiley17.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
If black guys were to win all bodybuilding contests then calf implants would be allowed.......
smiley36.gif