2005 season review: safeties

backrow

Hall of Famer
Safeties:

Kevin Kaesviharn, FS Bengals: 87 tackles, 1 sack, 3 INT, 3 FR</font>

John Lynch, FS Broncos: 61 tackles, 4 sacks</font>, 2 INT, 6 passes defended, 4 FF</font>
comments; another great year for this veteran, some hard hits and nice run stopping as always, selected to another Pro Bowl

Stuart Schweigert, FS Raiders: 87 tackles, 2 INT with 35 yards of returns, 7 passes defended, 2 FF, 3 FR</font>
comments: he is begining to come into his own in his second season, now fully fledged starting safety for Raiders, one of the few bright spots of Raider' D

Brian Russell, FS Browns: 70 tackles, 3 INT

Adam Archuleta, SS Rams: 70 tackles, 3.5 sack, 1 INT returned for 85 yards and a TD, 1 FR</font>
missed couple of games with injury

Mike Furrey, FS Rams: 48 tackles, 4 interceptions for 35.8 avg per return, had 1 return TD, 3 FR</font>
comments: not too bad for a guy who converted to FS from wide receiver

Todd Johnson, FS Bears: 35 tackles in limited action, started 2 games, played extensively in other 2

Major disappointments: Talented young players such as: Jeremy Thornburg, Packers; Sean Considine, Eagles; Matt Giordano, Colts; Donnie Nickey, Titans plus some veterans who proved they can start in this league such as John Howell, Seahawks; Kevin McCadam, Falcons all being reduced to the role of special team demons... Dustin Fox, drafted by Minnesota getting injured and spending a whole season on IR (on a positive note our hope for a white cornerback increased with Tice gone, i just hope Dustin recovers well and gets a chance to play at his real position: corner)

*BLUE</font> denotes a career high

backrow

Hall of Famer
PS i forgot to mention Jon McGraw, Lions FS, he started 2 games for them recording 10 tackles and that was it for him... he wasn't allowed to play after that at all...
isn't it pathetic how short this list is? i mean it takes in the account all defensive backs, and there are so few of them... only 8 white guys started this season (at least once)... how many secondary spots there is? lets says including nickelback, there are 160 spots to be had in the league, and whites are allowed to have, what not even 5%?

whiteCB

Master
Yeah I really hope the Browns pick Fox up off of IR. Then he will be reunited with his college DB coach at OSU. The one that made Fox the starting CB for 3+ years and has all the respect in the world for. If Dustin Fox was on the Browns I guarantee he'd be a CB.